Laurent Patisserie, Bondi Junction Westfield


That's Why They Call It Celebration Cakes

Last week, my husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. They say that first anniversary is a celebration to rejoice the romantic time that two people have spent together that will further enhance the intimacy in the years a head. I'm not sure how true it is but I believe a wedding anniversary is a celebration of love. It's a day to reminisce the promise to each other. Is a day that nothing else matters but love.

Of course a celebration is never complete without a cake. That's why they call it 'Celebration Cakes". It will certainly sweeten the already pretty sweet day. 


We sweeten our special day with the the Flourless Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse with Sponge Cake from Laurent Patisserie. Laurent Patisserie is a classy French bakery where you can savour great selection of finest French breads, pastries and cakes. 

There were layers of intense hazelnut chocolate mousse in between layers of flourless sponge cake and topped with chopped hazelnuts. Although the sponge cake was more to the dryer side but I think  it complemented and added some texture to the cake. The mousse was so smooth and silky, it felt wonderful in the mouth.

Flourless Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse and Sponge Cake $33.20




It's practically a sin for me to just buy one item in bakery shop, even though that one item is a 16 inch cake. When I saw the 'Van Gogh', I knew I gotta get it. The cake looks amazing, it's like rainbow circling around the cake. It's almost like there's light coming out from the cake that's calling for me. It reminds me to the childhood myth that there's a pot of gold at the end of a  rainbow. I actually thought it was true until who knows when =p.

Van Gogh $6.60

When I cut through it, there was fresh berry mousse inside the rainbow sponge cake. The berry mousse was so delightful in every 'Berrily' possible way. It was slightly sour and deliciously rich but not in a way that could make you sick. I think I can easily finish two in one go. Even though the sponge cake was again a bit dry but maybe it's how its supposed to be. It didn't really bother me, as I was all over the berry mousse.



Of course when I say I never just buy one item in a bakery shop, I didn't mean two, I mean it should be at least three. I can never go pass pastry. So, I was tossing between my favourite Almond Croissant and Apple Danish. Didn't want to annoy the inpatient staff further, I quickly settled on the Apple Danish.

Apple Danish $4.60

The danish was not as flaky as I expect it to be, but it was buttery rich and moist. However, flavour was excellent with pieces of apples and strong aroma of cinnamon. It was a delightful treat for me.






Laurent Patisserie
Kiosk K107 Bondi Junction Westfield
NSW
(02) 9386 5181


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations heng and chi on your first anniversary. So happy for both of you.

    ReplyDelete